Monday, January 08, 2007

Almodovar I love you

The last time I wrote I was hungover (which I'm not now) and the time before that I was praying for a dissertation topic to fall from the heaven. Time has passed since then, and I've done more work (non-college related) and survived my first term as a Master's student. And the long-awaited dissertation topic has fallen from heavens too. It's all still a bit unclear but at the moment the plan is to look at gender identities (more specifically gay identities) in either Law of Desire or Bad Education (both of them Almodovar films). I have a copy of the latter one on my computer and just ordered a DVD too, but I don't seem to be able to find Law of Desire anywhere! Any ideas, anyone? Other than that, all is well. Dissertation workshops start mid-February and up until the start of March we're in classes and doing all the usual shite: presentations, essays, DUGES stuff...

No comments: